Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default How to make a classic bourbon old fashioned???the right way

On 2015-10-12, Dave Smith > wrote:

> On 2015-10-12 10:33 AM, Gary wrote:

>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Makers Mark is a good one.

Very good. very smooth.

>> I'll spring for the Makers Mark. Maybe good for cooking though.

I'm sure it is good for cooking. Unfortunately, it's pretty dang
pricey for jes cooking. A
750ml bottle (about a fifth) is somewhere around $35, depending on
where you live. I was gonna buy a bottle fer bourbon-pecan pie, then
I saw the price. Whoa! That's even more than my beloved Wild Turkey.

> Perhaps you should keep an eye out for miniatures.

Great suggestion.

Personally, I'd avoid ANYTHING made by Jim Beam and they make a lotta
high-end Bourbons. Booker's, Basil Hayden's, Knob Creek, etc. I
won't touch 'em.

nb