Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_50_] Jeßus[_50_] is offline

Default Orange rind vs. orange extract?

On 24 Sep 2015 23:14:42 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2015-09-24, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>> Awesome, wish there was more of it.

>The downside? You gotta actually know how to cook!

True

>I've been jonesing fer burgers, of late. None of the mom/pop restos
>makes a good one, so hadda make my own.

I'm with you there. I've been craving an 'old-fashioned' burger too.

Mind you, they would be significantly different to what you have in
mind: something along the lines of a (shop made) beef pattie with
lettuce, onion, tomato and canned sliced beetroot - there are other
extras too if wanted - egg, bacon, a ring or canned pineapple...
Cooked at the local corner takeaway store owned by Greeks or
Italians... they were once an institution in Australia. Getting to be
increasingly rare now. I still know of one in my nearest city though.

>Mine are awesome, but gotta
>try this super tender sous vide steak madness.

I might try that one day. I do a lot of slow cooking so I guess sous
vide isn't such a priority for me.

>Homemade pizza is my next project.

Better build a wood fired oven for the pizza