Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default "15 Disgusting Foods Your Grandparents Probably Loved"

On 8/25/2015 1:25 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> My other grandmother was a passable cook but had an extremely limited
> repertoire. She had a weekly menu, by which I mean that she cooked 7
> different dinners. There was the Monday night menu, the Tuesday night
> menu, the Wednesday night menu..... It was the same thing every week.

My maternal grandmother did that, too! I got the impression she started
cooking that way after grandpa retired. They were living on a fixed
income. He received a monthly pension and social security. I gathered
it was just easier for her to shop and cook that way just for the two of
them. But yes, you could tell what day of the week it was by what she
was cooking for dinner.

Jill