BRevere

Default Kitchenaid Bread Disaster!

Lots of books will reference the Kitchenaid in their recipes.
Try Bernard Clayton New Complete book of Breads---he gives directions for
mixer (but it is a Kitchenaid--I bet) and processor and by hand.
Also Nancy Silverton, Breads from La brea Bakery.
I think Clayton might be the most simple, but silverton will really hold
your hand the whole way through if you are not daunted by a 3-4 page recipe.
I wonder if your yeast was at fault.
Be sure to use the type yeast they are calling for if you follow the recipe
exactly.
"occupant" > wrote in message
> JaKe wrote:
> >
> > Knox Graham wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello, All !
> > > I received a Kitchenaid Artisan mixer for my birthday..Oh Boy! Time to

make
> > > some bread!
> > >
> > > I tried their white bread recipe in the book which comes with the

mixer.
> > > Tried it twice, in fact. Both times the loaves were small, heavy, and

not
> > > fully cooked in the middle.
> > >
> > > The major deviation from my old way of making bread is that they tell

you to
> > > roll the dough flat then roll it up to form the loaf. Before, I would

simply