Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default ping Ian: secret ingredient

"Ian Field" > wrote in message

> "T" > wrote in message

>>> The other day I found a not that far out of date tin of tomato soup that
>>> needed using up sooner rather than later.
>>>
>>> Plenty of salt and a good squirt of Crucials Sauces Hot Stuff chilli
>>> sauce. That didn't cause a problem, but last time I bought chilli
>>> powder, I got extra hot - I have to be very careful not to use much!

>> We are lucky here in that we have several Mexican Supermarkets
>> (Mexico is out southern neighbor). They have about 15 varieties
>> of dried peppers.

> We have the Palo (Asian) Indian grocers, they recently moved and so far
> I've only found the new location just so I know where it is.
>
> Usually I only go there for a few items I can't get anywhere else, and
> they're not everyday shopping list bits.

Went in the shop for a proper look earlier, they're way too expensive for
actual food items - that they don't have that many of anyway.

The spices are still *MUCH* better value than the supermarkets though. They
have trendy and expensive little jars for restocking spice racks, the Indian
grocers have 400g packets for not much more.