Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] spamtrap1888@gmail.com is offline

Default Old copper pan

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 2:00:03 PM UTC-7, koko wrote:
> I bought this at a community yard sale for .50 cents. I don't know
> what this is, do you? It's made in Holland and it's all copper with a
> porcelain handle.The inside bottom is convex, the pan itself is 7
> inches long by 5 1/2 inches wide.
> I'm cleaning it up, and man, does it ever need cleaning, it's going to
> take a while to get it looking good.
> I doubt I'll use it if I ever find out what it is, but I think it will
> make the cutest kitchen decoration.
>
> Link to photos of the pan
> https://www.flickr.com/gp/koko181/PU088b

Copper cooking pans need to be tinned if acidic foods might be cooked
in them, to avoid copper toxicity. (And molten tin will join copper together.) The interior bottom of this pan looks like it never saw tin. In fact, it
looks corroded.

Although short handled, I wonder if it could be a bed warmer. Then
the interior finish wouldn't matter.