Posted to alt.food.wine
Michael Nielsen[_4_] Michael Nielsen[_4_] is offline

Default 2012 Joseph Drouhin Chorey-les-Beaune and "new producers" burgundy tasting

2012 Joseph Drouhin Chorey-les-Beaune ***+

Too days after I taste the 2009 I try the 2012. It is much simpler. Very light and smooth fruit juicy and too few tertiary notes. I dont know if that is a vintage difference or the 3 years age difference. It is not too strong, too acid, nor too tannic, so I dont see evidence it needs to age more. My wife likes it because it is quite quaffable easy drinking like Marchesi di Barolo Barbaresco, she started liking recently.

And at a tasting at the store wine club. I lost my notes, so typing by memory. I remember the grades were all 3 stars so that's easy:

2013 Santenay Blanc, Domaine David Moreau ***

Some tropical tart fruit, faint underlying creaminess, esp. on the finish. if that creaminess had been a bit more, it would have been 4stars.

2013 Bourgogne Blanc, Domaine Bachelet Monnot ***

While the above was more "bass and treble, no midtone", this is more balanced with midtone. crisper.

2013 Bourgogne Rouge, Bernard Moreau et Fils ***
2013 Côte de Beaune Village, Domaine David Moreau ***
2013 Bourgogne Rouge, Domaine Bachelet Monnot ***

I dont remember anything different about these wines. They were all good pinots, but forgettable. Bright, fresh, red fruits. Liked them less than Drouhin Chorey and Cornu Fils Bourgogne (which are similar price tags), but there's nothing wrong with them.