Posted to alt.food.wine
santiago santiago is offline

Default When wines go from being wine boutique wines to supermarket wines

Michael Nielsen > wrote in
:

> So the decline is not as it goes to supermarkets, but it already
> happened since the 70s?
>
> How's Marqués de Cáceres viewed in Spain?

Yet more plonk.

> The G.R. is 33E here. Oh, the description actually states that its
> style is a fusion of rioja and bordeaux.

I used to purchase a bottle of the big names in every big vintage. 94, 95,
96, 01, 04, 05... wines like Marqués de Cáceres. The '96 I remember being a
very nice wine at a nice price. But from that year, I could not find
another great one.

I think I commented that Faustino I Gran Reserva 2001, which I purchased at
a supermarket a few months ago, was nice and good buy for the price (but I
did not buy more).