Posted to alt.food.wine
Michael Nielsen[_4_] Michael Nielsen[_4_] is offline

Default Viognier

On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 7:28:47 PM UTC+2, Mike Tommasi wrote:
> when you say you don't like whites because of "lack of body and their high acid", I am not sure if you are trolling ;-)

Well if you look at my win enotes from tastings that have whites in them, you will find that I mean it. Tastings with a high presence of whites tend to get a lot of 1 stars.

> Anyhow, like I said, outside of Condrieu, Viognier will tend to be heavy, and by that I do not mean it would have body, because viognier does not have much body, it is all about airy fine aromatics on a not so acid base.
>
> If you want whites with body, you must look in Burgundy.

Confused. I had a lot of Chablis, since it is chardonnay and I tend to like that ( from a california/aussie standpoint). and I find them lacking and not earning their name "chardonnay" and much less their price, while a 50$ Napa Chard very much earns its price.

For the party on friday I am considering that Verite viognier , or Pine Ridge Dijon Clone Chardonnay or Beringer Luminus Oak Knoll chard. I am thinking it could be a good day to test the viognier, because if I dont like it, others might. I also havent tried the two chards, but it is more likely I will like them, but then ofc. they cost twice as much. The same as the Ramey, which gets a better review on CT.