Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a way to slice meat thinly as luncheon meat at home?

At a deli, they use a special meat slicer, but, is there something
affordable we can use at home to slice luncheon meat thinly?
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8816/1...bf58106a_c.jpg

I have my sister and her kids staying with me for a few months (don't
ask), and we pack them a lunch every school day, so I picked up big hunks
of Costco ham, turkey, and cheese, figuring I'd slice it up for the kids
to make sandwiches.
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7700/1...64c263f4_c.jpg

But I can't manually knife the stuff as thinly as they do with the
professional rotating blade meat slicers at the supermarket.

Is there a shop tool that's common that we can use to slice this meat up
thinly? Or do I have to buy an expensive meat slicer (which is probably
too expensive to be worthwhile)?

Anyone slice their own luncheon meat thinly at home?
What tool do you use?