Posted to rec.food.cooking
whirled peas whirled peas is offline

Default Another Sausage Question: Casings

On 03/17/2015 12:59 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Whirled Peas" > wrote in message
>> On 03/17/2015 11:18 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> Oh, I thought it was about hot dogs and the rolls used!
>>>

>> A "Submarine" never refers to a hot dog on a roll. It's a more
>> elaborate deli-type sandwich with the fillings piled high. Easy enough
>> to make at home, though.

> Ok)

Maybe some pictures would help. Here's a pictorial essay showing how a
simple one is made at home. It starts with a 2-foot (60cm?) loaf of
bread and is intended to make 4 servings. Personally, I wouldn't pull
out the soft bread in the middle, though.

<http://www.simplyscratch.com/2012/12/italian-sub-sandwiches.html>