Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default Another Sausage Question: Casings

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 04:33:20 -0400, "Robert"
> wrote:

>"Alan Holbrook" wrote in message
.130...

>Natural? Edible collagen? Whatever?
>
>Does it depend on the type of sausage or on the diameter? Seems like most
>recipes specify a type of casing, but it isn't clear, at least to me, if
>this makes any real difference. And the collagen seems to be a lot easier
>to work with.
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>You can choose any casing that you want. It just depend on what you want.
>I use natural because the collagen are a little chewy to me.
>

>If you want natural casings that are easy to work with. Check out this
>video.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcQuVRFjRxw
>

>Robert

They are INTESTINES!!! Probablyt porcine (pig) intestines!!

Unless you have to rinse the poop out of them, they are not fresh and
genuine! ;-)

Most people are far too far removed precisely where their food comes
from!!

John Kuthe...

---