Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Ginger lead contamination

On Fri, 06 Feb 2015 13:34:52 -0500, Gary > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > I wanted to buy a container of Trader Joe's wonderful gingersnap
> > cookies (with chunks of candied ginger) the last time I shopped there
> > and didn't see any. Now I know why. I wish we would stop importing
> > food that has ever been anywhere near China or Asia in general.

> "Trader Joe's wonderful gingersnap cookies (with chunks of candied
> ginger)" ???

Yes.

> Really? I made a special trip there once just to try these so
> wonderful ginger snaps. I wasn't impressed.

I loved them.

> I did save the nifty plastic container though. It's my new cookie jar.

That goes into the recycling bin at my house.

We need to contact our congress people and senators about stopping the
TPP, which is an expansion of NAFTA. If you don't like NAFTA, you
will hate TPP. It means more jobs shipped to Asia and more
contaminated imported food, if we don't stop that thing.
http://www.citizen.org/TPP

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room