Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Baked Acorn Squash

On 12/30/2014 12:58 PM, Doris Night wrote:
>> On 12/30/2014 1:44 AM, sf wrote:

> You cut it on the equator! Very pretty! I always cut my squash in half
> the other way. Easier to stand it up in the pan.
>
> How did you get yours to sit straight? The acorn squash we get here
> are usually pointy on the bottom.
>
> Doris

I always cut it that way. Sometimes the squash is pointy (or has a bit
of stem that needs to be cut off one end). The two I bought (only
showed one of them) were fairly spherical and not at all pointy. They
sat very nicely on the baking sheet. Otherwise I'd have trimmed a small
bit of the point off the end.

Jill