Posted to rec.food.cooking
l not -l l not -l is offline

Default Baked Acorn Squash

On 30-Dec-2014, Brooklyn1 > wrote:

> Gary wrote:

> >Thanks for the picture! This is why pics are good. If you had said you
> >made baked acorn squash without a pic, I would have read that and
> >moved on. Your picture really sold me! Sold me so much that I bought
> >an acorn squash this morning and would like to recreate that.
> >
> >Would you please post a semi recipe? I assume you brushed it with some
> >olive oil then spiced it somewhat.
> >
> >What seasoning did you use and how long was it roasted and at what
> >temperature?

> There are many ways to season winter squash; butter w/s n'p, butter
> with cinnamon, butter with dark brown sugar, butter with raisins,
> butter with pineapple, and any combination thereof, only limited by
> ones imagination... even a big spoon of orange marmalade works well.
> Sometimes I'll fill the cavity with precooked breakfast sausage.

I have tried all the ways Sheldon mentioned and liked them all, especially
the sausage filling. As he said "limited only by ones imagination". A very
imaginative person came up with a twist I thought odd but enjoyed quite a
lot - stab the cavity with a fork several times, then fill cavity with Dr.
Pepper. As the squash bakes, the Dr Pepper enters and flavors the flesh via
the tine holes.
--
Change cujo to juno