H. W. Hans Kuntze

Default Whiskey & Plastic

wrote:

>Made a big cake soaked in bourbon from a recipe I found on the web
called Irish Whiskey Cake. It is very good and easy because=

>you start with cake mix & vanilla instant pudding. I would like to keep=

>some in the freezer but I'm not sure if the whiskey (the cake is very
>moist) will not have a bad effect on the plastic wrap. Will someone
>who knows their chemistry please tell me the best way to freeze this
>cake? Thank you, Mari

Good thinking Mari.

But why would Plasticwrap (Saran, etc.) be bad with alcohol in this=20
dilution, Mari?

It is sold for drinking in plastic bottles and as rubbing alcohol (much=20
higher proof) too.

I don't think it will be bad for your cake. Plastc-wrap first and=20
alu-wrap after.
That way it is tight.

--=20
Grue$$e.

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
" Strive for excellence in your life & reject being a doormat to others. =
Serve God. "
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef[AT]cmcchef.com