Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Grilling meat hook

Kalmia wrote:
>isw wrote:
> I use it all the time in the kitchen when
>> I'm frying anything. It's just the best way to turn things over I've
>> ever found.

I bet it's great for turning pancakes and especially eggs.

>> You know how, if you're not really careful, when you use any sort of
>> tongs or a spatula to turn over breaded pieces, you're likely to mess up
>> the breading on the top (still raw) side? Doesn't happen if you hook the
>> piece and flip it with the hook.

Explain how a spatula ever touches the top breading?

>Somehow I have lived without a hook and a large, two-tined fork seems to fill the bill.

I have no use for that hook, I'm not into performing back alley
abortions. If meat is stuck pulling on it with that hook will tear
it... I think that hook is kind of useless for grilling or any
cooking.

For more than 45 years I've been turning meat with the ancient nipple
tongs that came with a baby bottle sterilizer. These are all I need
to turn meat:
http://i62.tinypic.com/1zq3ekm.jpg
The spatula is from leevalley.com, handiest spatula ever.
The fork is ancient EKCO.