Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Spice mixes

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:47:09 -0700, Oregonian Haruspex
> wrote:

> > Look at these recipes
> > http://mideastfood.about.com/od/midd...s/r/zaatar.htm
> > http://www.freshbitesdaily.com/homemade-zaatar/

> Looks like those people really like sumac in their zaatar. As I said
> there are many regional variations. It is present in the Sadaf blend,
> but as the last ingredient on the list.

As with everything else, there are regional variations and they vary
from town to town, family to family. I'm currently trying to figure
out the components I want to use in the Harissa I plan to make for
myself now that my stash of commercial is almost gone.