Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spice mixes

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> What are your favorite spice mixes? It's that time of year again and I'm
> going to make up jars of spice mixes to go with Christmas gifts this year.
> I know I can't get some of the herbs locally fresh, but I can get the
> imported ones and dry them myself, such as some that go into Italian
> Seasoning. I just dried some parsley and basil because they were getting
> to the point to use them or lose them. I made some Italian seasoning with
> some dried herbs added.
>
> I plan to buy anything I'm going to use for gifts fresh if they're already
> dried, and anything I can dry myself I will. I also just found some cute
> spice jars on Amazon along with some "chalkboard" labels with a chalk pen,
> so the bottles can be relabeled if the giftee wants to do so.
>
> --
> Cheryl

I don't usually use spice mixes unless you count chili powder. I do have
some Mexican seasoning that I have never used. I did have some Greek that I
never used. And I used to use Italian but since I can't use basil now, I
don't use that. I do use Montreal chicken and steak seasoning but those
also contain salt and pepper.