Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheryl[_3_] Cheryl[_3_] is offline

Default Spice mixes

What are your favorite spice mixes? It's that time of year again and I'm
going to make up jars of spice mixes to go with Christmas gifts this
year. I know I can't get some of the herbs locally fresh, but I can get
the imported ones and dry them myself, such as some that go into Italian
Seasoning. I just dried some parsley and basil because they were
getting to the point to use them or lose them. I made some Italian
seasoning with some dried herbs added.

I plan to buy anything I'm going to use for gifts fresh if they're
already dried, and anything I can dry myself I will. I also just found
some cute spice jars on Amazon along with some "chalkboard" labels with
a chalk pen, so the bottles can be relabeled if the giftee wants to do so.

--
Cheryl