Michael Odom

Default NuTone in-counter appliance.

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 01:06:16 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Michael Odom" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
>> appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
>> mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the attachments
>> are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a mixer, a food
>> grinder several bowls and some things I haven't figured out what to
>> use for.
>>

>No experience mit, but I'm all ears for the upcoming report. I've gazed
>from afar and they always seemed kinda Jetsonian, in a weird (yep it's me)
>kinda way. I'm curious as to the power that the thing puts out, as I've
>seen all kinds of attachments.
>
>Jack Spacely

There are three different mechanical devices that connect to the power
unit in the counter. Basically, they function as transmissions as far
as I can tell. The mixer also has a transmission of sorts to it even
though it fits into one of the other attachments, not directly into
the motor. The one for the meat grinder is geared way down so that
even on the highest speed (the motor has 6 speed settings) it runs at
a fairly slow clip. The juicer attachment can be made to spin at an
atomic pace. The bowl for the seed catcher screen for the juicer is
cracked.

I have the cover for the manual, but no inside pages. But what I do
have shows a blender. Ain't got no blender in the pantry, though.
Apparently there was once a knife sharpener, too. And there was once
a bowl for the meat grinder, but not now. If I use it, the meat will
pile up around the unit on the counter. Yum!

Got no boy Elroy either.

I wonder if there's a source for the missing items...

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore