Posted to rec.food.cooking
Victor Sack[_1_] Victor Sack[_1_] is offline

Default Martha's "One-Pot" linguini with tomatoes and basil

Opinicus > wrote:

> On a recent episode of "Late Night With Seth Meyers" Martha Stewart
> prepared "One-Pot" linguini with tomatoes and basil, which involved
> making a quick sauce with cherry onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, and
> basil then adding several cups of water followed by raw linguini.
> Simmer until done. The whole dish takes less than ten minutes.

In Liguria, pasta is sometimes cooked like risotto. Alain Ducasse once
described the method and provided a recipe in the NYT. I posted the
article:

<http://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/36223-cooking-pasta-without-draining-3.html#post234044>