Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Yes, we can!

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 21:57:56 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message

>> > Thanks, it has been less than a month so we're still on the learning
>> > curve. Thai chili did him in. I need to make my chili with coconut
>> > milk (diluted with chicken broth), chicken and sweet potatoes.
>> > Curious to see if his reading will be high or not at two hours.

>> Yes, that's all you can do is test different foods to see how he reacts.
>> Everyone is different and what spikes one might not be a problem for
>> another. It gets a lot easier after awhile, it really does, and it
>> becomes
>> second nature to make good choices.
>>

> Thanks Cheri, I need encouragement for this. I like eating sensibly,
> because he never has. He has always been thin, so it was his excuse
> to load up on sugar, carbs and fat.

It does seem overwhelming at first, at least it did for me, but after awhile
you really find that you can have good tasty food and you really do lose a
lot of the cravings for the junk. The net is a wonderful resource for
recipes, substitutions etc. and especially information so you know that
you're not alone.

Cher