Posted to rec.food.cooking
Becca EmaNymton Becca EmaNymton is offline

Default Yes, we can!

On 8/28/2014 2:02 AM, sf wrote:
> I prepared a big meal tonight at DD's house and hubby's numbers were
> excellent = 127!
>
> http://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/ses...-peanut-sauce/
> The chicken was great, but the peanut sauce needs work... everybody
> liked it, but I think it could improve.
>
> http://juliasalbum.com/2014/06/spicy...nt-and-quinoa/
> Followed the recipe (using my best judgment with the added liquid).
> Also, I used one Asian (the long skinny one) eggplant instead of the
> usual "globe", plus a 6-7 inch zucchini. Didn't have Thai Red Curry
> Paste on hand, so I used a homemade tomato jam (which was spicy).
> Believe it or not, I did have fish sauce and sesame oil to use - I was
> only missing the red curry paste. I knew I had some at home, but
> couldn't visualize where it was so I couldn't tell hubby where to find
> it so he could bring it over.
>
> The rest of the meal was a tossed green salad mixed with TJ's
> Cranberry Almond Grain Medley, dressed with Trader (Joe's) Ming's
> Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette and BBQ roasted corn on the cob.
> Who says you can't eat well and still keep your blood glucose under
> control?

Sounds like a wonderful meal, I am sure everyone enjoyed it. The peanut
sauce might have needed more vinegar, because that did not sound like
much. I like to add a little sugar (Equal) and chili garlic paste to
mine. I like it hot and sweet, like me. ;-)

Becca