Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pico Rico[_2_] Pico Rico[_2_] is offline

Default Ping sf and anyone else who lives there

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 22:24:27 -0700, in rec.food.cooking, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>http://blogs.kqed.org/bayareabites/2...jacques-pepin/
>>
>>I wish I could go! I love those two guys!

> I saw Martin Yan many years ago at the San Joaquin County fair. He
> gave a talk, then he completely deboned a chicken in something like 2
> minutes. Does he still have the television show on PBS? We don't
> watch tv anymore so I don't know. This event shows now as sold out.

Martin Yan is a very smart and impressive guy. He has a degree (or more
than one) in food science and knows LOTS of stuff. And is not the goofy
character he portrays as part of his TV cooking persona.

Jacques Pepin is a really cool guy, more the traditional French chef with
lots of knowledge and experience.

Neither of these guys is pretentious or high falutin. Great people to meet.