alsilvers

Default How are steaks prepared at the like of Peter Luger, Palm?

Do famous steak places like Peter Luger's, the
Palm, and others use marinades or tenderizers or BUTTER in
preparing there steaks, or do they simply take the raw meat straight
from the cow, age it, and stick it under the broiler?

I've always been somewhat curious if when you are ordering a steak,
whether any ingredients have been added during the preparation. For
example, I seem to recall reading that Peter Luger, in preparing the
meat before broiling, actually rubs its Porterhouse with butter before
broiling.

IS this true, and is this common, or perhaps even done as a rule? Or
is the meat normally just taken in pure, "unadulterated" form right to
the oven?

Al