Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan-TGWWW Bryan-TGWWW is offline

Default Giant ketchup bottle draws tourists in Illinois

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:27:00 PM UTC-5, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
> On 7/30/2014 8:55 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:

> >> The Oscar Meyer people sent one of their weinermobiles to the ketchup

> >> bottle, and are now negotiating its purchase. Not a joke.

The Johnsonville folks know better. Ketchup on a bratwurst is sacrilege.

> > Ketchup with a hot dog? Yuck!

> Must be a regional preference thing. I grew up with ketchup on hot
>
> dogs, and only gradually learned to dab mustard on as well. I also
>
> like to tuck paper-thin slices of garlicky dill pickle into the bun.

I'm with Janet on this one. If I were to eat a hot dog on a bun, it would
be with mustard. Hot dogs are not something I'd choose to eat if there were
an alternative, and if I did eat them, I'd want them cold and by themselves,
to woof down quickly with minimal tasting.

On another, COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC note, still no beer after 3 weeks. Crazy
shit. I did something really off the wall today. I got out my guitar,
which I haven't really played for 5 years, and I got new strings--very new,
as in completely different. For the guitar folks here, I changed from GHS
flatwounds, .056----.013, to GHS semi-flats, .042----.009, and went from a Dunlop nylon .60 to a .38--a really floppy pick. ****, my 1996 Blueshawk
never sounded better--taking into account that I'm playing through a crappy
old solid state Crate. This one is identical to mine:
http://cdn1.gbase.com/usercontent/ge...ruge3vp_so.jpg

Now, I need to lug my one of these up from the basement:
http://www.mercurymagnetics.com/imag...usicMan210.jpg
I also have two identical Fender PA-135 heads, which are great as bass
heads, and also for keyboards/sax/etc. if matched with the correct speakers..
My son is taking drum lessons at school next year, and it would be fun as
heck to put together a band of snot-nosed boys to play obnoxious humor-punk..

--Bryan