Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Globe Artichoke Pasta?

25lockeed > wrote:

>I would be grateful if anyone knows where to buy , (or if there is any such thing)
>as pasta made from globe artichokes , I have seen ads for jerusulem artichoke pasta, but nothing for globe artichokes. My Mother gave me some years ago, but as she is no longer with us, I can't ask where she got it.

Jerusulem artichoke is a starchy vegetable that can be made into
flour:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_artichoke

Globe artichoke is an entirely different vegetable in the thistle
family and contains very little starch. You can buy Jerusulem
artichoke flour and make your own pasta or buy ready made:
http://www.amazon.com/DeBoles-Angel-.../dp/B000F0FZCI