Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Globe Artichoke Pasta?

I would be grateful if anyone knows where to buy , (or if there is any such thing)
as pasta made from globe artichokes , I have seen ads for jerusulem artichoke pasta, but nothing for globe artichokes. My Mother gave me some years ago, but as she is no longer with us, I can't ask where she got it.
TIA
L.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"25lockeed" > wrote in message
>I would be grateful if anyone knows where to buy , (or if there is any such
>thing)
> as pasta made from globe artichokes , I have seen ads for jerusulem
> artichoke pasta, but nothing for globe artichokes. My Mother gave me some
> years ago, but as she is no longer with us, I can't ask where she got it.
> TIA
> L.

make your own?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 14, 2014 8:58:32 AM UTC-7, 25lockeed wrote:

> I would be grateful if anyone knows where to buy , (or if there is any such thing)
>
> as pasta made from globe artichokes , I have seen ads for jerusulem artichoke pasta, but nothing for globe artichokes. My Mother gave me some years ago, but as she is no longer with us, I can't ask where she got it.

The only artichoke pasta dishes I have seen are for small artichokes with
regular durum noodles.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

25lockeed > wrote:

>I would be grateful if anyone knows where to buy , (or if there is any such thing)
>as pasta made from globe artichokes , I have seen ads for jerusulem artichoke pasta, but nothing for globe artichokes. My Mother gave me some years ago, but as she is no longer with us, I can't ask where she got it.

Jerusulem artichoke is a starchy vegetable that can be made into
flour:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_artichoke

Globe artichoke is an entirely different vegetable in the thistle
family and contains very little starch. You can buy Jerusulem
artichoke flour and make your own pasta or buy ready made:
http://www.amazon.com/DeBoles-Angel-.../dp/B000F0FZCI
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 08:58:32 -0700 (PDT), 25lockeed
> wrote:

> I would be grateful if anyone knows where to buy , (or if there is any such thing)
> as pasta made from globe artichokes , I have seen ads for jerusulem artichoke pasta, but nothing for globe artichokes. My Mother gave me some years ago, but as she is no longer with us, I can't ask where she got it.
> TIA
> L.

No idea if this is what you're looking for, but you can check it out.
http://www.vitacost.com/eden-foods-o...ichoke-ribbons
http://www.rossipasta.com/product/ar...uini-bulk/Bulk

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 09:33:51 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

> "25lockeed" > wrote in message
> >I would be grateful if anyone knows where to buy , (or if there is any such
> >thing)
> > as pasta made from globe artichokes , I have seen ads for jerusulem
> > artichoke pasta, but nothing for globe artichokes. My Mother gave me some
> > years ago, but as she is no longer with us, I can't ask where she got it.
> > TIA
> > L.

> make your own?

I found artichoke powder on the net, maybe 25 could substitute part or
all of the tapioca flour in this recipe with it.
http://www.paleocupboard.com/paleo-pasta.html

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 09:33:51 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> > wrote:
>

>> "25lockeed" > wrote in message
>> >I would be grateful if anyone knows where to buy , (or if there is any
>> >such
>> >thing)
>> > as pasta made from globe artichokes , I have seen ads for jerusulem
>> > artichoke pasta, but nothing for globe artichokes. My Mother gave me
>> > some
>> > years ago, but as she is no longer with us, I can't ask where she got
>> > it.
>> > TIA
>> > L.

>> make your own?
>>

> I found artichoke powder on the net, maybe 25 could substitute part or
> all of the tapioca flour in this recipe with it.
> http://www.paleocupboard.com/paleo-pasta.html

or just make a puree and add with the flour and enough water to make the
dough right.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:03:01 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 09:33:51 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> > > wrote:

> >> make your own?
> >>

> > I found artichoke powder on the net, maybe 25 could substitute part or
> > all of the tapioca flour in this recipe with it.
> > http://www.paleocupboard.com/paleo-pasta.html
> >

> or just make a puree and add with the flour and enough water to make the
> dough right.

It's worth a shot.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:03:01 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 09:33:51 -0700, "Pico Rico"

>> > I found artichoke powder on the net, maybe 25 could substitute part or
>> > all of the tapioca flour in this recipe with it.
>> > http://www.paleocupboard.com/paleo-pasta.html
>> >

>> or just make a puree and add with the flour and enough water to make the
>> dough right.
>>

> It's worth a shot.

Can't see it wouldn't work.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 14, 2014 11:58:32 AM UTC-4, 25lockeed wrote:
> I would be grateful if anyone knows where to buy , (or if there is any such thing)
>
> as pasta made from globe artichokes , I have seen ads for jerusulem artichoke pasta, but nothing for globe artichokes. My Mother gave me some years ago, but as she is no longer with us, I can't ask where she got it.
>
> TIA
>
> L.

This is a Thank you to all the folks that replied to my post Pasta from Globe Artichokes (BTW I did google it and had no luck, perhaps I need a remedial google class lol)
Again Thanks to all who replied
L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:23:17 -0700 (PDT), 25lockeed
> wrote:

> On Monday, July 14, 2014 11:58:32 AM UTC-4, 25lockeed wrote:
> > I would be grateful if anyone knows where to buy , (or if there is any such thing)
> >
> > as pasta made from globe artichokes , I have seen ads for jerusulem artichoke pasta, but nothing for globe artichokes. My Mother gave me some years ago, but as she is no longer with us, I can't ask where she got it.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > L.

> This is a Thank you to all the folks that replied to my post Pasta from Globe Artichokes (BTW I did google it and had no luck, perhaps I need a remedial google class lol)
> Again Thanks to all who replied

You never told us if you wanted gluten free or not. If you're okay
with wheat, I have a web site that might help you because there are
recipes for tomato, spinach and beet pasta on it.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.