Katra

Default boneless skinless? or bone in and with skin?

In article >,
"Bob (this one)" > wrote:

> Katra wrote:

> >>One good way to cook bone in chicken in the oven is to take individual
> >>chicken
> >>pieces and set them on a 12" x 12" piece of aluminum foil, right in the
> >>middle.
> >> Put a nice heaping teaspoon of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
> >>(right out of the can) on top of the chicken piece, hit it with salt and
> >>pepper, and fold the foil around the chicken piece and seal the foil
> >>tightly
> >>so
> >>no steam escapes. Bake at 350 for an hour, and you can serve them still in
> >>the
> >>foil. Best served with Mashed Potatoes, as the soup mixes with the cooked
> >>chicken juices and makes a tasty gravy. Just open each piece carefully,
> >>pull
> >>the chicken piece out and set it on your plate, and pour the gravy on your
> >>potatoes. Very easy to make. It doesn't get any better than that.
> >>

> >>Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man
> >>
> >>"The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
> >>proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong"
> >>James Mason from the movie "Heaven Can Wait".

> > I finally found a way to keep both boneless skinless chicken breasts,
> > and lean pork chops from drying out.
> >
> > I use the foreman grill!!!
> >
> > it's made all the difference in the world.
> > I've been amazed.

> And all this is why I buy boneless and skinless chicken thighs at
> Costco for $1.89/lb. Grilled, fried, broiled, baked - always nice and
> moist, always tasty. 100% yield; no waste.
>
> Cooked off about 20 of them tonight to just over medium doneness - up
> to about 150°F. In the fridge now waiting to finish over the next few
> days. Reheat most wonderfully in the mike with a lettuce leaf wrapped
> around them to protect. Warm most nicely in a cream sauce.
> Rethermalize most grandly chopped into a chili base. Re-get-warm
> coarsely sliced into a rich broth.
>
> Pastorio

I buy those at HEB in 2 lb. frozen bags. ;-)
I made stir fry with them this morning... I buy very few breasts, just
when I had my sister and her family over as it was _their_ preference.

I used some boneless skinless thighs in some stir fry for lunch today,
cut into strips with bok choy, celery, abalone mushroom, onions,
broccoli crowns, fresh grated ginger, eggs, salad shrimp, garlic and
just a dash of teryaki.

I do prefer thigh meat, I was just pointing out that that grill actually
made chicken breast edible. :-d

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...