Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Sharp knife problem solved

On 2014-06-22, bigwheel > wrote:

> shipping. Get the Fibrox handles. Pros dont like wood handles.

Well then, I'm glad I'm not a pro.

My two fave knives are a LamsonSharp Rosewood and some unknown carbon
steel paring knife with an OXO-huge wooden handle. The handles
encounter enough grease/oil to keep them preserved. But, if I think
the wood handles might be drying out, I oil 'em with walnut oil. The
Lamson is now almost 20 yrs old and shows no signs of splitting,
drying, etc. I've owned Forschners, Fibrox, Globals, Shuns, Tridents,
Wustofs, Messingmeisters, Sabatiers, etc, and the Rosewood line is
still my fave handle of them all. The only wood handle knife I ever
gave away was a 12" Sheffield bread knife, but only cuz the negative
scalloped blade was pain to sharpen. Also, since it never cut meat
and saw no fats, the wood had dried out and a small piece had split
off near a rivet. This knife was given to me and was the first
commercial knife I ever owned.

nb