Mpoconnor7

Default boneless skinless? or bone in and with skin?

>> Lately I hardly ever see a recipe for chicken breast that doesn't call
>> for boneless skinless. What if I used bone in with some skin. What do
>> I have to consider when cooking them?

>Use some method that will keep them from drying out.

One good way to cook bone in chicken in the oven is to take individual chicken
pieces and set them on a 12" x 12" piece of aluminum foil, right in the middle.
Put a nice heaping teaspoon of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
(right out of the can) on top of the chicken piece, hit it with salt and
pepper, and fold the foil around the chicken piece and seal the foil tightly so
no steam escapes. Bake at 350 for an hour, and you can serve them still in the
foil. Best served with Mashed Potatoes, as the soup mixes with the cooked
chicken juices and makes a tasty gravy. Just open each piece carefully, pull
the chicken piece out and set it on your plate, and pour the gravy on your
potatoes. Very easy to make. It doesn't get any better than that.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong"
James Mason from the movie "Heaven Can Wait".