Nancy Young

Default boneless skinless? or bone in and with skin?

wrote:

> Lately I hardly ever see a recipe for chicken breast that doesn't call
> for boneless skinless. What if I used bone in with some skin. What do
> I have to consider when cooking them?

Use some method that will keep them from drying out. I can't help
you as I don't care for chicken breast. Only time I buy them is
boneless skinless to have the begeebers pounded out of them to make
chicken piccata or chicken strips, like that.

I much prefer thighs or drumsticks.

By the way, the bones add much flavor to any meat dish.

> Another point -- It probably seems mad but my husband constantly
> complains that there is no fat on anything. Everything is trimmed
> before you buy it.

Give him his due, he's absolutely correct. It stinks. I'd give
I don't know what for a good old fashioned fatty pork chop. I have
my own method of getting rid of the fat. It's called eating it.

nancy