Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Good Deal?

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 01:45:37 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> One butt will make a lot of meals for you. Braise it in beer or apple
> juice/cider slice and make a meal to eat with a knife & fork. Shred a
> portion for pulled pork sandwiches, shred in bigger chunks and fry
> (brown in a skillet) for carnitas. Use the carnitas for lots of SW or
> Mexican type things. Cube some to make chili verde and then use those
> leftover chili verde to make enchiladas and tamales.

Yep, I know one butt will make a lot of meals. You know me, I don't
mind leftovers. That's why I have a separate freezer. I don't run
to the store every week. I tend to make a list and make one big trip,
about once a month.

Thanks for the ideas. One of these days I'll have to try making
carnitas. Pulled pork is fine. The only time I didn't like it was when
it was slathered in BBQ sauce with coleslaw piled on top. LOL

Jill