Posted to rec.food.cooking
Opinicus[_2_] Opinicus[_2_] is offline

Default Sur La Table, yay!

On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 09:02:02 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>I was specifically referring to *grilling*. It sounds like she has
>those useless Teflon-coated grill pans with the ridges in them. Which
>is what I'm referring to when I say useless. I use non-stick pans for
>many things, but not steak or burgers. That is a job best left to
>seasoned cast-iron. Or at least stainless steel.

Tefal makes a cast aluminum grill pan that's quite good. I've since
switched to ceramic-clad cast iron but until those became available
here, I found cast aluminum to do a very respectabl job indeed. The
surface was not coated with Teflon or anything non-sticky that could
be scratched or peeled off but it did seem to be anodized. And yes it
was ridged but so are my Hechas.

--
Anne's Little Brother Bob

--