Kevin S. Wilson

Default Doing baby backs and pulled pork at once

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 23:19:45 GMT, Bob in socal >
wrote:

>IMHO, I would load the ribs on the top grill and the butt on the
>lower. I would cook the ribs at whatever and not even worry
>about the butt till the ribs were done and out of the smoker.
>The butt has to get to 190-195 internal and if your temp goes
>up to 350 doing the ribs, so be it. There is no magic in 220
>for butts as has been discussed here many times.

That's the best advice I've seen in this thread so far, including
mine. However, I don't remember if you said what you were cooking on,
so I don't know if you'll be able to moderate the temp after the ribs
are done. I would want to be able to bring the temp down (though not
to 220) so that I could continue to low-and-slow the butts, if only to
ensure that the fat got rendered.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho