Gregory Morrow

Default boneless skinless? or bone in and with skin?

Dog3 wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" > got
> ****ed off and typed
> ink.net:

> >> I use bone in with skin. The boneless ones are just too dry and
> >> flavorless

> > .
> >> Occasionally I get boneless and skinless thighs...they have enough
> >> fat in

> > them
> >> so that if you grill them quickly, they are quite good.

> > Try brining the boneless ones - they are much better if brined.
> >

> I found a cut up chicken, skinless, bone in on sale a couple of years

ago.
> I could not decide what to do with it. I rubbed schmaltz (really stupid
> move, I should have just bought the skin on pieces) S&P and some
> spices/herbs but I can't remember what I used. I baked at about 325-350
> for maybe an hour, maybe less. They were very tasty.

Well, speaking of food prices my local soopermart has boneless chix breasts
on sale for $1.68 per pound...that's the lowest I've seen in quite a while
so I'll be stocking up....even beef is on sale for a pretty good price (pork
has been fairly reasonable)....cabbage four lbs. for a buck - can we tawk
cole slaw? Other veg on good sale also, so mebbe I'll be inspired by Barb
and try some canning. I read somewhere this morning that milk prices are
coming down, too.

--
Best
Greg