Posted to uk.d-i-y,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking
Adam Funk[_2_] Adam Funk[_2_] is offline

Default Betadine discontinued: UK replacement for sanitizing brewingequipment?

On 2014-05-09, Tim Streater wrote:

> In article >, Fredxxx >
> wrote:

>> > ...& the shortest programme on mine takes 45 minutes.

>> And I thought that brewing was a slow process!
>>
>> I think mine might just take 45 x 500ml bottles, certainly in 2 batches!

> I take it you put them in upside down? Each on one of the tines,
> f'rinstance?
>
> How can you be sure that will get enough water in through the narrow
> opening to wash them out properly?

I don't think you can. I notice that narrow-necked things like
bottles sometimes come out of the dishwasher with some gunge inside
them even though everything else is clean.

--
With the breakdown of the medieval system, the gods of chaos, lunacy,
and bad taste gained ascendancy.