Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Lobster oink on MoDay

Today was Mother's Day, so I went to visit Mom for lunch. Got her a
nice card and a vased bouquet of roses, lilies, pansies(?), and baby
breath. She seemed genuinely pleased.

Now, confession time: family is elegible for a free meal. I rarely
indulge, but this time lunch included steak and lobster, baked potato
and asparagus, w/ strawb shortdake fer dessert. You think I'm gonna
pass up a free meal like that? Momma notbob never raised such a
foolish child!

Everything was pretty good, considering it's institution food. Hard
to mess up a baked potato. The steak (no choice, we got both!)
looked and cut tough, but upon chewing, I came to realize it was a
pretty good cut of beef, jes slightly over done, as institute food is
prone to be, but a enjoyable 4 ozs of beef. Sadly, the asparagus was
boiled unto its death. Fresh asparagus cooked so long, it made canned
look good. Absolutely zero flavor. I didn't know you could screw up
fresh asparagus so badly. Finally, the lobster tails. OMG!!!!

They nailed the lobster. Neither undercooked nor overcooked and with
jes a hint of butter. I thought I was gonna die. It's been quite
some time since I enjoyed lobster, so I was looking forward to it, yet
fearing the worst. The care ladies knew I was coming so they saved
the biggest for me. I needn't have worried. Bug tail nirvana! A few
of the patients, including my mom, didn't care for the lobster, but it
did not go to waste. Mom gladly traded her lobster for my
strwb/shrtck. Another turned up her nose and asked if I wanted her's.
Is water wet? No indian giving! I figure I got a good 12 oz of
excellent bug butt. I stopped by the kitchen and complimented the
head cook on his triumph and I'm certainly gonna pay more attention to
future menus.

Happy Day, all you Mothers!

nb