Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Bottled water- LOL

On 2014-04-24, Jeßus > wrote:

> Nestle certainly are. After all, their benevolent CEO/chairman
> believes water isn't a right and should be privatised.

Yes, seen several documentaries on this issue. Nestle acquired rights
to pump/ship water from our area, about 6 miles north of where I live,
in the Arkansas River headwaters valley. OTOH, I'm grateful Nestle
sees our water, the Ark R, as clean enough to bottle, which it is.
Elsewhere in CO, fracking is destroying entire counties and watersheds
with its polluting technology. There is, CURRENTLY, no fracking in
this watershed/valley!! If anything, Nestle is our canary in the coal
mine. Never thought I'd say this, as I'm a rabid pro ecology nut, but
it's freakishly true and, for now, I'm glad to see Nestle pumping
away. 8|

nb