Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default Bottled water- LOL

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:20:38 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Whoever started the bottled water thing years ago was a genius. Fooled
>the entire world into thinking that city water was bad, then charging
>a fortune for bottled water.
>
>I drink bottled water at work too but I fill my bottle from the tap
>each morning. I do own a Britta water filter but I rarely bother. The
>ferrets get more of that, just because it's fridge cold.

Me too,. I didn't get the whole bottled water thing until I realized
that not everyone has as good tap water as I do in St Louis MO, which
was voted to have some of the best tasting tap water in the U.S. by
some group of governor's or something. I remember my mom being up in
Chicago area when my niece was born years ago and she reported their
tap water running orange (probably rust). Then I though, "Oh yeah!"

But you're right, just on principle. Compared to the cost of tap
water, I heard it would be if someone wanted $1000 for a sandwich.
DUH! I mean, unless that's the only water you can get or something. I
buy quarts of Gatorade and pour the Gatorade down the sink and wash
out the bottles really well. Then bottle my own tap water! Wash the
bottles every once in a while and they last for months! Thern I buy
some new ones.

John Kuthe...