Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Easter Candy and Treats

On 4/20/2014 1:06 PM, MaryL wrote:

> "Sqwertz" wrote in message ...
>
> And my Easter bunnies need to be solid white chocolate that you gnaw on
> with
> your teeth - not those cheap-assed hollow bunnies that crumble as soon
> as you bite into them.
>
> -sw
>
> ~~~~~~~
> Heh! I am remembering back to my childhood (eons ago!). My father
> always got chocolate Easter bunnies for each of us. One year, they were
> hollow, and I think he was even more disappointed than we were. From
> then on, he made sure that all of our chocolate bunnies were solid. I
> had not even heard of white chocolate in those days.
>
> MaryL

LOL It's been many years since I thought about an Easter basket. I do
remember the first time I bit into a hollow chocolate bunny. I was a
kid but still a tad disappointed. The solid bunnies were the best.

I've never seen a solid white chocolate bunny. Then again, I don't go
looking for them these days.

For Easter candy, I prefer the 'robins eggs' Nancy Young mentioned. Or
just plain chocolate covered malted milk balls.

Jill