Nancy Young

Default Got my new pressure cooker. Now I have a new question.

Dog3 wrote:

> > tip tapped :
>

> > Also, I forgot to wonder out loud why people who live on "fixed" incomes
> > are so often "broke".
> >
> > Bob

> If prices were fixed as well, they would be okay. Unfortunately prices are
> not fixed in the US and people on fixed incomes get swallowed with rising
> prices, inflation etc.

What's really sad is how many working people are on fixed incomes
these days. Big whoop, get a little raise and the cost of your
benefits or taxes goes up.

I would hope, though, that people understand, you can't just count
on social security or pensions anymore. Sock away as much as you
can of your own money. SS was never meant to support you. It's a
lifeline.

nancy's public announcement for today