Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbricker@yahoo.com is offline

Default Vacuum Marinating in FoodSaver-Type Bags - Myth?

On 5-Apr-2014, bigwheel > wrote:

> Amazon.com: Jaccard 4.5 Liter. Speedy Plus Instant Marinater: Patio,
> Lawn & Garden'

> For vacuum marinading the Food Saver buckets work better than trying to
> use the bags. I bought this little gizmo a month or so back and love it
> to death. It can do some serious marinating and will hold 10-11 pounds
> of meat of such a size to make it fit in the available space. Works
> great on small cut items..would not hold a packer brisket.
>
> 'Amazon.com: Jaccard 4.5 Liter. Speedy Plus Instant Marinater: Patio,
> Lawn & Garden' (http://tinyurl.com/ob4ebaz)
>
> --
> bigwheel

I've been looking for something like that. The largest I have are 2.5qt and
they break after a short time if I pull a hard vacuum on them every day.
(VacMaster 2.5qt Marinade Containers)

Thanks, I have ordered a couple of the Jaccard brand containers. I'll
see how they work out.

Brick