Posted to rec.food.cooking
A Moose In Love A Moose In Love is offline

Default Gallo olive oil?

On Friday, April 4, 2014 1:19:25 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/4/2014 1:01 PM, sf wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 07:54:00 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love

> > > wrote:

> >> I purchased a half liter of Gallo EVOO for $3.99. I assumed

> >> that it was not what the label said it was. Initially I was

> > looking for a small bottle of cheap veggie oil, but those types

> > of oils were sold in large bottles which I didn't want.

> As sf said, for the price and what you plan to use it for it's probably
>
> fine. Especially since you weren't really looking for EVOO.
>

> >> btw, has everyone here killfiled me? If so, that would cause me consternation.

> >> I was trying to point out that murdering innocents is not OK,

> Moose: We already know that isn't OK. What is also NOT okay is
>
> constantly ranting about it on a cooking newsgroup. There are more
>
> appropriate venues.
>

> Jill

OK. Fine. Please remember that I made a post about Bourdain who criticized white people/Germans because maybe they killed off the local pop in an area in Chile. The post was kind of political, but I thought it appropriate because Bourdain was involved. The thread really took off when Smith came out with his German hating stuff. However, you are correct. I should not have posted that in the first place.