Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Stuff from the Publix Weekly Ad 3/13-3/19/2014

On 3/15/2014 7:28 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
> On 3/15/2014 12:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Having said all that, there's a blurb in the weekly ad which states:
>>
>> "Walmart® wants to match Publix ad prices. Think about it. They’ll match
>> these low prices— if you ask. Or you can just enjoy shopping at Publix."
>>
>> Hmmmm, I thought Walmart was already supposed to be so much cheaper?

> WalMart will match the price of any grocery item based on what the
> customer tells them. No ads needed to prove the price. That's policy
> at the WalMart where my son works as a cashier. He's never (so far!)
> had anyone try a hugely ridiculous price.

It's nice they'll match prices. Still, WalMart is on the other side of
town. Even if I was inclined to shop there the distance would put me off.

> I lived in FL for almost 20 years and loved loved loved shopping at
> Publix! In my early days there (1974) all Publix stores were laid out
> exactly the same way, with the possible exception of the produce dept.
> and the refrigerated stuff. All of the aisles were identical in layout
> and there was always a huge directory of items high on one of the walls.
> I miss Publix... )-:

Publix is a great store. Everyone who works there is so nice and
helpful. When I was there on Friday I had relatively few items in my
cart. The gal who bagged the groceries asked, rather hopefully, if I
wanted her to take them out to the car. It was a *gorgeous* day, about
70F and sunny. I didn't need any assistance but I knew she really
wanted to get outside for a few minutes so I said sure.

Jill