Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Stuff from the Publix Weekly Ad 3/13-3/19/2014

On 3/17/2014 4:18 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 13:28:01 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Fresh Salmon, select cuts. $4.99/lb.
>> Skinless, boneless, farm raised
>>
>> Fresh Salmon Fillets. $9.99/lb
>> Farm raised, never frozen

> WTF is the difference between "select cuts" and fillets that could
> warrant twice the cost? Salmon comes in two cuts: fillets and steaks,
> neither one worth twice as much as the other. Something really tragic
> must have happened to the "select cuts".
>
> -sw

Kind of what I was wondering, Steve. They're right next to each other
in the ad. If I'd read the entire circular before dashing in to buy
corned beef & cabbage, I'd have stopped and looked at the seafood case
so I could see what the "select cuts" looked like.

Jill