Posted to rec.food.cooking
DreadfulBitch DreadfulBitch is offline

Default Stuff from the Publix Weekly Ad 3/13-3/19/2014

On 3/15/2014 12:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> Having said all that, there's a blurb in the weekly ad which states:
>
> "Walmart® wants to match Publix ad prices. Think about it. They’ll match
> these low prices— if you ask. Or you can just enjoy shopping at Publix."
>
> Hmmmm, I thought Walmart was already supposed to be so much cheaper?

WalMart will match the price of any grocery item based on what the
customer tells them. No ads needed to prove the price. That's policy
at the WalMart where my son works as a cashier. He's never (so far!)
had anyone try a hugely ridiculous price.

I lived in FL for almost 20 years and loved loved loved shopping at
Publix! In my early days there (1974) all Publix stores were laid out
exactly the same way, with the possible exception of the produce dept.
and the refrigerated stuff. All of the aisles were identical in layout
and there was always a huge directory of items high on one of the walls.
I miss Publix... )-:

--
DreadfulBitch

There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
....George Bernard Shaw