Tigsnona

Default Storing Fresh Green Beans

How long are we talking about storing them here? A week, a month, a
year?

If it's a week, then there's no problem so long as they are fresh. I
simply cut off the tops and bottoms and store them in the vegetable
crisper in the fridge in a special "green" plastic bag that promises
to keep fresh produce longer. It does so long as it isn't too long.

If it's a month - dont try to keep them in the ordinary fresh part of
the refrigerator. Use them and don't try to keep them.

If it's longer, here's a tip. Cut them up, blanch them and then snap
freeze. I find them simply awful done this way. They are soft and
limp and have no flavour.

What about salting them in the old-fashioned way? This method is
brilliant. Cut them up, blanch them and then put them in brine, and
seal them down. Eat as many or as few as you like and reseal.

You won't be disappointed.

Oh and the third way is to buy canned green beans. Ugh! But you
might like them.

Tigsnona

If you can keep your head when those around you
are losing theirs, you probably haven't understood
the situation.