Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default [OT] old time flexible sealers

Dave Balderstone wrote:
>songbird wrote:
>
>> already done, the deep well would need a manual
>> pump to get water out, but it is there and the
>> water is good.

> Hmm. Might be an idea to have some junker bicycles and spare chains and
> sprockets on hand...

or just go get one of those old time windmills
that pump water very reliably (and make sure to
know how to fix it when it breaks, have spare
parts on hand or are able to make, etc.).

for ditchwater i could lift it using wind driven
water wheels. but we don't often need that much
water for the gardens, a simple bucket on a rope
would work.

this is all beyond simple and low tech for most
people... and far afield from preserving too.
better mark this as [OT].

songbird